UPDATE: Dec 7, 2021 - The best working version I can find is from the Wes repo (below). It's v1.0.2.
Check out this detailed writeup on Phoneinfoga from TheDarkSource.com.
Phoneinfoga is a phone info gathering tool.
Install Phoneinfoga with Docker
Using instructions from TheDarkSource, we easily install Phoneinfoga using Docker:
sudo docker pull sundowndev/phoneinfoga:latest
Then docker will download the latest Phoneinfoga docker image. It's just over 100MB.
On my Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W, it takes just a few minutes.
Install Phoneinfoga from Alternate Repo
The official Phoneinfoga repo by sundowndev has been updated and doesn't want to work on my Raspberry Pi Zero (2) that I've been experimenting with.
So I tried the Wes repo:https://github.com/Wes974/PhoneInfoga
And it seems to have installed fine.
git clone https://github.com/Wes974/PhoneInfoga.git
pip3 install -r requirements.txt
I tested the install steps above on:
- Raspberry Pi Zero W running BeBox P4wnP1 ALOA
- RPi Zero 2 running Raspberry Pi OS 64 ARM Latest. (Tested Dec 7, 2021)
How to Install Phoneinfoga from Binary
The quickest, easiest, most reliable way to install Phoneinfoga is from the binary file. Other install methods can be buggy / have un-meetable requirements.
UPDATE (Dec 7 '21): I installed the Phoneinfoga binary on Raspberry Pi Zero 2, but it doesn't fetch info. The version I tried was:
[i] PhoneInfoga 2.3.8 (8403f33)
Step 1: Download the Phoneinfoga Binary Using wget for Linux
- Navigate to this page in your browser: Phoneinfoga releases
- Locate the binary file release that corresponds with your OS. (Since I'm running a 64-bit VM of Kali Linux, I chose the "PhoneInfoga_Linux_x86_64.tar.gz" file). For RaspberryPi Zero 2 W, select PhoneInfoga_Linux_armv6.tar.gz.
- Copy the link address of the file. Why? We will Paste the link in just a minute.
- Open a Terminalby pressing CtrlAltT (for Linux) or CommandSpace "terminal" Return (for Mac)
- Type in (and Paste)..
wget addressYouCopied(Make sure to replace the addressYouCopied part with the link you Copied from the previous few steps)
- Press Enter to download Phoneinfoga binary file.
Step 2: Extract Phoneinfoga
Extract ("decompress") the binary file from the tar file:
tar xvf nameOfBinaryFileYouDownloaded
Step 3: Run the phoneinfoga program:
Run this command to see how to use Phoneinfoga (or see the examples below):
How to Use Phoneinfoga
python3 phoneinfoga.py --help
Quick Phone Number Lookup
Quickly look up a phone number in the Command Line interface:
./phoneinfoga scan -n +15551236789
Perform OSINT Scan + Normal Scan
python3 phoneinfoga.py -n 14806488420 --osint
Scan + Output to Text File
python3 phoneinfoga.py -n 14806488420 -o deletemenow.txt
Launch Phoneinfoga Web Server
Run Phoneinfoga as a web server so you can access it in your browser:
./phoneinfoga serve -p 8181
(where 8181 is the port number of your choosing)
Then launch your browser and type in your local IP address along with the port number, exactly like this:
This install process was tested as "working" on a 64 bit Kali VM in Q3 of 2021.
How Does Phoneinfoga Work?
Phoneinfoga on Android and Windows
Use Termux and theDarkSource's guide to setup Phoneinfoga on Android or Windows.
Note: Updating Phoneinfoga messed up my installation. So I had to re-clone the "Wes" alternate repo to reinstall Phoneinfoga.
Did you know Phoneinfoga updates itself if you just run this command?
python3 phoneinfoga.py -u
I ran the command and it updated my Phoneinfoga from v1.0.2 to v2.3.9!
Apparently it updated the OSINT files and python script.
Here's the output of the Phoneinfoga update command:
*Note: This was particularly helpful for me since I had to install an old version of Phoneinfoga.
pi@raspberrypi:~/sw/phoneinfoga/2/PhoneInfoga $ python3 phoneinfoga.py -u
___ _ _____ __
/ _ \ |__ ___ _ __ ___ \_ \_ __ / _| ___ __ _ __ _
/ /_)/ '_ \ / _ \| '_ \ / _ \ / /\/ '_ \| |_ / _ \ / _` |/ _` |
/ ___/| | | | (_) | | | | __/\/ /_ | | | | _| (_) | (_| | (_| |
\/ |_| |_|\___/|_| |_|\___\____/ |_| |_|_| \___/ \__, |\__,_|
PhoneInfoga Ver. v1.0.2
Coded by Sundowndev
Actual version: v1.0.2
Last version: v2.3.9
[*] Updating OSINT files
[*] Updating python script
The tool was successfully updated.
Yet Another Way to Install Phoneinfoga
- Alternate repo: git clone https://github.com/ma8ai/PhoneInfoga.git
- See the /docs folder. Has install instructions (install.md).
Install PhoneInfoga on Raspberry Pi Zero 2 W
Tested as working on Dec 7, 2021 on RPi 0 2 W running RaspberryPi OS Latest.
tar xvf PhoneInfoga_Linux_armv6.tar.gz
Phoneinfoga Versions (Tested on Raspberry Pi Zero 2)
Phoneinfoga v2.3.8 (installed from binary)
- Doesn't fetch phone info
- Does create many OSINT-type links for searching online directories. Could use this to generate a QR code to search with phone
Phoneinfoga v1.0.2 (installed from Wes repo)
- Does fetch phone location
- Creates a scan URL for 411.com (which actually pulls SOME useful info)
Phoneinfoga Docker (unable to install due to chip architecture incompatibility)
- Docker is for linux/amd64, nor ARM
- This error shows up when attempting to run this Docker: standard_init_linux.go:219: exec user process caused: exec format error
Phoneinfoga v1.10.9 (installed from ______?)
- I renamed config.example.py to config.py to get this version of Phoneinfoga working
- Fetches phone location
Install Phoneinfoga with Docker
sudo sh /scripts/prebuild.sh
docker build .
Known Phoneinfoga Repos
- Vault Cyber Security